Thursday, April 30, 2009

English 1102 Final

So I got really mad at myself today. This morning I took my English 1102 final over Othello. I had no clue what the topics were but everyone else did. Our professor had sent an e-mail yesterday about the topics that were going to be on the final. I was so mad at myself. I could have looked at one of the topics and took notes and gotten an easy A on the final but no I had to start from scratch. At least we got to use our book and notes. That helped alot. Well the topic I did was:

Jealousy – Othello & Iago – Compare and contrast each man’s motivation for jealousy. How does each man’s attitude and actions connected with jealousy finally destroy him? In what way does each character’s pride and obsession in addition to jealousy contribute to his downfall? What makes Cassio exempt from the pitfalls the other two men are subject to?

This topic was probably the easiest one for me. I had to talk about the topic and it had to be three pages long. It was pretty easy for me. Othello and Iago's jealousy was all over the place in the story. I talked about each character and their flaws. Than I talked about the actions they each did and what their down fall was. I also said Cassio had no fault in the story. Iago was the puppet master of the whole thing. Everything Cassio did that was wrong was because of Iago.

I'm definitely sure I got a least a B and hopefully I got an A out of this class. I really enjoyed this alot better than my class in highschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment