Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Smoothie King

So I've been working at Smoothie King for over a year now and I like my job. I get FREE smoothies! The reason I got this job is because this lady came to my school and told us about a job fair at Mable White off of Bass Rd. I needed a job so I decided to go. The job fair was for the new mall, Shoppes at Riverside Crossing, and there were a hundred jobs available. I thought to myself I would be able to get a job somewhere. The job I wanted was a job at Game Stop but they weren't at the job fair. They said they would be but they weren't. So I filled out a job application to Journey's and the guy asked me to come back later for an interview.

Christina went with me to get a job too and she told me to go do one at Smoothie King cause the manager was really nice. Well I get over there and fill out the first page but there wasn't a back. He told me that someone is bringing him some more and I told I would wait. We talked for a few minutes and Christina came over and we all talked. And minutes later he offered Christina and I a job on the spot and we gladly accepted.

I will not lie but I hated the first week of work. The store was so busy. There was customer after customer and we had three people closing than. It was awful. I would go home and lay down and pass out. We closed at nine and I wouldn't get home till 10:45ish. I started off at $6
an hour when the minimum wage was at $5.55.

A few months later Blake, my boss, taught me how to count down the till each night and how to order. He did the same to Christina and we were the first to get raises. Our raise went up to $7 and thats how much I get paid right now. We could get another raise if all the employees get 20% of the smoothies with enhancers. I'm at 25% and there are three people below 20%. One of them is at 13% and the other two are 17%. So hopefully we can get them all up before the end of the month is over. This summer minimum wage is going up to $7.25 and Blake said he would pay me $7.75.

No comments:

Post a Comment