Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Inheritance Cycle Book 1

One of my favorite book series ever is the Inheritance Cycle written by Christopher Paolini. It started out at the Inheritance Trilogy but the author said the third book would have been too big. So book 4 is still on the works. I’m going to do a blog on each of the books and that’s why this blog is called Inheritance Cycle book1

Paolini began writing the first book, Eragon, at the age of fifteen. After writing the first draft for a year, he spent a second year rewriting it and fleshing out the story and characters. His parents saw the final manuscript and decided to self-publish Eragon. Paolini spent a year traveling around the United States advertising the novel. By chance, the book was discovered by Carl Hiaasen, who got it re-published by Alfred A. Knopf. The re-published version was released on August 26, 2003.

The book is about a young farm boy named Eragon, who finds a mysterious stone in the mountains called The Spine. A dragon named Saphira hatches from the stone, which was really an egg. When King Galbatorix finds out about Eragon and his dragon, he sends his servants, called the Ra Zac, after them in an effort to capture them. Eragon and Saphira are forced to flee from their hometown, and decide to search for the Varden, a group of rebels who want to see the downfall of Galbatorix. The man they travel with is the town’s old storyteller Brom.

The way I even read this book was by complete luck. I was at Barnes & Nobles and I saw the second book Eldest in the most random spot. It was on the ground on the way to the bathroom. It had a cool looking dragon on it and I picked it up. I read the cover about what happened in the first book and I got hooked on it. I got Eragon and Eldest that day. The next day I took it to school and a few of my friends have read them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment