Sunday, April 26, 2009

Free Time

So when I'm not at school, spending time with my girl friend, or at Smoothie King. I like to play video games. Video games are a great way for me to un stress. I get my mind off what I'm thinking and all I think about is the game.

Right now I'm playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Lord of the Rings: Conquest.

Star Ocean's story is about...Planet Earth (set in 2064 A.D.) was on the brink of destruction as between the World Republic Federation and the various nations that opposed it sparked the outbreak of World War III. Weapons of mass destruction, deployed with complete no thought, scorched the land in the blink of an eye. The situation forced the two opposing factions to negotiate a cease-fire and an agreement was quickly reached, but although the war may have ended, its effects remained. With the deteriorating environment, Earth's population was drastically reduced and those who survived lived a confined existence trapped in underground cities. Eventually countries joined together to form the Greater United Nations and turned their eyes skyward, to space.

In Lord of the Rings: Conquest, it is based on The Lord of the Rings film trilogy. The game allows the player to play as both the forces of good and evil. When you fight for good you play through many battles you see in the movies and for evil it is based around Sauron stopping the One Ring from being destroyed and fighting back. The evil story starts with Frodo taking the ring and Nazgul stops him and takes the ring. So this part of the game is what probably would have happened.

Both games are fun. I'm half way through Star Ocean and I beat LOTR in a day. I mostly play in online with other players. You get to play as a warrior, archer, mage, or a scout. I'm cheap and skilled at the archer. My best ever was 6o kills 12 deaths on the shire level during capture the ring game. Theres many different scenarios you can play for each level: conquest, team deathmatch, Hero's team deathmatch, and capture the ring. In conquest, you want to capture all the spawn points. Team deathmatch is when you play with ordinary soldiers and the first team to kill 50 wins. Hero's deathmatch is where you only use heroes. Capture the ring is my favorite. In the middle of the map is the one ring and the goal is to capture it and carry it to the other teams spawn point to score.

No comments:

Post a Comment